Monday, June 7, 2010

How Much of Us There Was

I finished writing How Much of Us There Was in late 2003. It was first published in 2005 by Fourth Estate in the UK, then in paperback by HarperPerennial the next year, but it was never published in the US and I ended up firing my agent at the time. Now I'm happy to say that How Much of Us There Was will finally get its US release with Tyrant Books this fall. To honor the occasion, I re-read the novel and ending up making over 500 mostly little changes. Plus, I changed the ending.

5 comments:

TNBBC Super Mod said...

Michael,
I cannot wait until this becomes available for me to read. I really loved Dear Everybody, and am anticipating this one something fierce!!

Michael Kimball said...

Thanks, Lori. I'll make sure Tyrant Books gets you a copy.

Nik Perring said...

That's wonderful news, Michael. I didn't realise it hadn't (until now) found a US publisher. It's an amazing book. Congratulations.

Nik

Michael Kimball said...

Thanks, Nik. It has been a struggle at times, publishing. I'm really glad it has landed with Gian at Tyrant Books.

bluberriesonmars said...

I thought the book was perfect the way it was, but then again, I don't believe in perfection. I'm certain that It will be just as exceptional the second time around. Looking forward to it.